Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS)
As part of our Investigator Initiated Study, IIS, program, a large number of projects have been initiated and conducted by clinicians from different countries all over the world to investigate a variety of products and indications.
Each year approximately 100 IIS applications are submitted to us. Approximately 30% of the applications are approved for support. Currently more than 170 supported Investigator Initiated Studies are ongoing involving more than 300 investigators in over 20 countries.
The objectives of these studies are determined by the clinicians' research interests and include a variety of clinical and experimental research areas. The projects are conducted as for example prospective clinical trials, case reports, case series, in-vitro assays or mechanical studies.
Submit proposal for a research project
If you have a proposal for a research project for which you would like to apply for support, please feel free to contact us. Our Global IIS Review Committee reviews all submitted proposals maintaining confidentiality and determining its interest in the expected outcome and that no medical, scientific or ethical concern exists.
We will consider:
- The overall suitability of the study versus the clinical research plan.
- The anticipated benefit of the results weighted against any risks and inconveniences for the patient.
Please note that off-label use of our products is not approved within the IIS program.
To apply for support, your study proposal should include the information detailed in the Study propsal form. Since this type of project is sponsored and owned by the investigator, we will not support more than a maximum of 49% of the total study cost.
Your request will be organized through your local contact and you can expect a response within approximately eight weeks. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your local contact or send an e-mail to IIS.Dental@dentsplysirona.com
For all clinical and animal studies we require a copy of the Ethics Committee/IRB approval before we can give any support.
For further information regarding regulatory requirements, please visit the following websites:
Declaration of Helsinki
FDA - Center for Devices and Radiological Health
IIS Travel grant
All IIS investigators are hereby invited to apply for the Dentsply Sirona Implants IIS Travel Grant. If a poster or oral presentation from your Investigator Initiated Study is accepted for presentation at an international congress, you are welcome to apply for a travel grant. For intracontinental travels we can support up to EUR 1 000, and for intercontinental travels up to EUR 2 000.
- The study must have an internal Dentsply Sirona Implants IIS reference number.
- The poster/oral presentation must be accepted for presentation at an international congress, which has a review process for abstract submission.
- The poster/oral presentation must be in English.
- The application for the Dentsply Sirona Implants IIS Travel Grant must be submitted to us no later than the first day of the congress.
- Each study and investigator is only eligible for one travel grant per congress.
- Travel grants will not be approved retrospectively.
- National regulations might limit our possibility to support.
How to submit
Please download the application form (pdf), print the form and complete the necessary information. Scan and e-mail together with proof of acceptance and an electronic file of your abstract, poster, or oral presentation to IIS.Dental@dentsplysirona.com no later than the first day of the congress.
Please also remember to consider participation in the Dentsply Sirona Implants IIS Award.