I greatly value zirconia – why should I use it with CEREC?
CEREC Zirconia has all the known advantages of the material and a few more as well.
- Saves time: Thanks to the new CEREC SpeedFire sintering furnace, the sintering process is shortened considerably; long drying times are not necessary thanks to pre-shading.
- Patient advantages: Solid zirconia satisfies many of the needs expressed by patients. The restoration is complete in just one visit; that means just one trip to the dentist, one anesthetic, and no temporary restoration.
- Familiar processes: Substance-preserving preparation, bonding with cement – all this is done exactly the same as in a lab-supported workflow.
- CEREC Zirconia expands the indications for single-visit dentistry – it can also be used for three-unit bridges usually made of zirconia. A welcome side effect: The cost effectiveness of CEREC increases.
- Complete control: The treatment procedure and added value remain completely in your practice.
- Solid zirconia gives non-precious metals in particular a run for their money – now there is a tooth-colored material for the same price.
In an article in ZMK 5/2014, Dr. Peter Pospiech described the chairside or in-office solution as an alternative worth considering for smaller restorations.